Mesa County Valley School District
mesa.k12.co.us Grand Junction, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Mesa County Valley school district is a positive place to work

Teacher (Current Employee)
Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

ProsReal effort is taken to inservice employees. Opportunities are made available to interested staff. Support is made available to new teachers through a mentoring program. For out-of-district teachers, up to ten years are taken for salary consideration.

ConsDifficult to advance to administration. Initiation of MA program at local college means there is a decreased opportunity for some to be considered for a position in administration. Housing in the area has become pretty expensive for a teacher's salary. The district is having issues with overcrowding at some of its schools. The last bond election failed to pass, so no resolution is in sight.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on bringing more of an equal sharing of technology (ex, prometheum boards, throughout the district)

Teacher

Teacher (Current Employee)
    Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at Mesa County Valley School District full-time for more than a year

Pros: I enjoy helping kids learn to discover and use advanced skills in… Cons: I simply cannot raise my three kids and my minimal bills on a teaching salary schedule that is basically a pyramid… Advice to Senior Management: Pay a professional teacher a professional salary. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mediocre employer and educator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mesa County Valley School District full-time for more than a year

Pros: They are pretty much the only district for most of… Cons: Like many schools and districts, they have no idea what they are doing and are just throwing ideas at the wall, seeing if there are… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that it is actually the principal who is running… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mesa County Valley School District.

Worked for Mesa County Valley School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mesa County Valley School District reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Mesa County Valley School District employees.