Mesa County Valley School District

mesa.k12.co.us
  mesa.k12.co.us
There are newer employer reviews for Mesa County Valley School District

Mesa County Valley school district is a positive place to work

I have been working at Mesa County Valley School District

Pros

Real effort is taken to inservice employees. Opportunities are made available to interested staff. Support is made available to new teachers through a mentoring program. For out-of-district teachers, up to ten years are taken for salary consideration.

Cons

Difficult to advance to administration. Initiation of MA program at local college means there is a decreased opportunity for some to be considered for a position in administration. Housing in the area has become pretty expensive for a teacher's salary. The district is having issues with overcrowding at some of its schools. The last bond election failed to pass, so no resolution is in sight.

Keep working on bringing more of an equal sharing of technology (ex, prometheum boards, throughout the district)

5 Other Employee Reviews for Mesa County Valley School District (View Most Recent)

Very good organization.

I have been working at Mesa County Valley School District

Pros

The people are wonderful to work with.

Cons

The pay is very low.

Teacher

Current Employee - Teacher in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at Mesa County Valley School District full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy helping kids learn to discover and use advanced skills in their search for a place in this changing world. It is incredibly fulfilling.

Cons

I simply cannot raise my three kids and my minimal bills on a teaching salary schedule that is basically a pyramid scheme for the teachers who had no other options over the years and somehow hung on to make over 50 grand.

Pay a professional teacher a professional salary.

There are newer employer reviews for Mesa County Valley School District