There are newer employer reviews for MetLife

Overall, a good place to work

Current Employee - Director in Morristown, NJ
Current Employee - Director in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at MetLife

Pros

Good work / life balance
Great benefits
A good work culture and office environment
Treat their employees with fairness and respect

Cons

Overall, the company is very slow to change
Company decision-making is prone to group think and agreement by consensus a bit too much
There is a tendency to analyze and overanalyze instead of acting quickly / decisively

What happened to the Decision Driven Organization? We need to allow managers / leaders to lead and learn to take some risks.

990 Other Employee Reviews for MetLife (View Most Recent)

The work environment within the office was not supportive of team collaboration.

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Itasca, IL

I worked at MetLife

Pros

There is flexibility in work schedule. There are opportunities for a lot of interactions with clients. The sales offices are usually in high-end office complexes.

Cons

Compensation after the first 5 months of service is solely commission based meaning that starting out you must continually write new business at a very high rate in order to make enough money to live on.

Eliminate the current agency sales force model and implement a streamlined model with qualified employees fairly compensated.

Relaxed work environment, Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Intern in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at MetLife

Pros

I'm only interning at MetLife, but the few months I've been here have been great. Friendly, knowledgeable mentors and a very relaxed work environment. The employee gym and group fitness classes are fantastic. No issues taking time off or leaving early (on occasion). Many employees get to work from home. This is definitely a well-renown company so it looks great on your resume

Cons

The hourly pay for interns is severely lacking compared to other companies. They are definitely getting their money's worth from the work they have me doing.

Need a mix of younger talent within the company. All of the job postings, even within MetLiife's internal job posting site, are for senior positions. Put more effort in trying to retain and attract younger talent.

There are newer employer reviews for MetLife