Growing

Current Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Aurora, IL
Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Aurora, IL

I have been working at MetLife

Pros

The company's brand name and great standing in the society.

Cons

People and their abilities may get lost in such a large organization.

Get the opinions of those who work for you. Empower your employees.

Other Reviews for MetLife

Excellent

Former Employee - Administrative Clerk  in  Troy, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Clerk in Troy, NY

I worked at MetLife

Pros

It all depends what your position is , there is a lot of flexibility , management works to make sure everyone is covered, and eveyone is comfortable.

Cons

There is any on my side, except for people need to be able to communicate more with issues without any arguments.

Should never left Troy, NY we could of done something different for the budget, if this was the problem.

Good learning experience, bad compensation program.

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at MetLife

Pros

Snoopy, flexible work & laid-back environment, good support during the first 19 weeks.

Cons

Most other financial services companies in the industry will pay between 45% and 60% of production with most office expenses paid for. However, MetLife takes half of the production and also charges all expenses to the agent after 3 years. This means that you, the agent, will pay for your office space per sq. feet, your laptop, network access, front desk lady, compliance, chair, postage, E&O insurance, state registration fees, federal registration fees etc. During my 3rd year, my net expenses totaled $22,000 (net out of pocket) just to work for MetLife. I had to PAY them to work there. The problem with this is that the average MetLife agent in 2009 across the US made a gross of $24,000 a year. This meant that the average agent had to use their credit cards to get by and eventually quit with a handful of debt. As long as you understand MetLife's program and what I wrote on here, it's a good experience.

Be more agent centric with a better program.

There are newer employer reviews for MetLife.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!