MetLife

www.metlife.com

The work environment within the office was not supportive of team collaboration.

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Itasca, IL

ProsThere is flexibility in work schedule. There are opportunities for a lot of interactions with clients. The sales offices are usually in high-end office complexes.

ConsCompensation after the first 5 months of service is solely commission based meaning that starting out you must continually write new business at a very high rate in order to make enough money to live on.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the current agency sales force model and implement a streamlined model with qualified employees fairly compensated.

Relaxed work environment, Great work/life balance

Intern (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

I have been working at MetLife

Pros: I'm only interning at MetLife, but the few months I've been here have been great. Friendly, knowledgeable mentors and a very relaxed work environment. The… Cons: The hourly pay for interns is severely lacking compared to other companies. They… Advice to Senior Management: Need a mix of younger talent within the company. All of the job postings, even within MetLiife's internal… More

Terrible - false promises, opportunities subject to manager discretion - strong "buddy system"

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC

I worked at MetLife

Pros: good exposure to products, good internal product support Cons: high expenses, manager has too much leeway to "take care of" buddies, at expense of… Advice to Senior Management: Take stpes to enforce uniform administration of the business model… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MetLife.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!