MetLife

www.metlife.com
There are newer employer reviews for MetLife

Good learning experience, bad compensation program.

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at MetLife

Pros

Snoopy, flexible work & laid-back environment, good support during the first 19 weeks.

Cons

Most other financial services companies in the industry will pay between 45% and 60% of production with most office expenses paid for. However, MetLife takes half of the production and also charges all expenses to the agent after 3 years. This means that you, the agent, will pay for your office space per sq. feet, your laptop, network access, front desk lady, compliance, chair, postage, E&O insurance, state registration fees, federal registration fees etc. During my 3rd year, my net expenses totaled $22,000 (net out of pocket) just to work for MetLife. I had to PAY them to work there. The problem with this is that the average MetLife agent in 2009 across the US made a gross of $24,000 a year. This meant that the average agent had to use their credit cards to get by and eventually quit with a handful of debt. As long as you understand MetLife's program and what I wrote on here, it's a good experience.

Be more agent centric with a better program.

1066 Other Employee Reviews for MetLife (View Most Recent)

Large company but opportunities for advancement limited. Work from home opportunities abound in IT.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at MetLife

Pros

People count is a core value and it is taken seriously. Many employees have worked together for long periods so your reputation goes a long way towards getting things done.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are limited. Long Island City is a growing but inconvenient location and pretty terrible still on the outside. This is offset by flexible work arrangements. Some management still needs to change.

The primary reason why many people stay with Met is its flexibility with working arrangements and management respect towards employees.

Was awesome and now its changing.. The future is uncertain

Current Employee - Director in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at MetLife

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Great Pay, Great People (when they are not afraid). Challenging work if you can get on the right projects

Cons

Lots of outsourcing, lots of change in Sr Leadership, promotions and movements can be unfair

Get it together. Remember what make Met great.

There are newer employer reviews for MetLife