There are newer employer reviews for MetLife

It was good at first, then ok

Former Employee - General Office Assistant  in  Mesa, AZ
Former Employee - General Office Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to serve public through back office support role, learned the products and liked them.

Cons

Person who hired me was great, but he stepped down from his role. Person who took over had a different mindset and I think they decided to work me out of the company. I was not girly-girly enough to fit in with the other women, although that was not the reason they gave for letting me go. Also, some bosses I dealt with daily had a problem with me taking the standard breaks.

Don't expect the impossible. I was not trained and given adequate time for position they switched me to in order to dispose of me.

953 Other Employee Reviews for MetLife (View Most Recent)

Worked for MetLife for more than 15 years in Financial Management. Was a disappointing experience.

Former Employee - Financial Management  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Management in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very convenient to commute to.

Cons

Company takes advantage of above average work force, compensates them moderately. There are several very officers who are the experts in their field. However, there are others who are not knowledgeable, and very poor leaders.

Should value employees who deliver, consistently, for several years. You should seek opportunities to reward them, and understand what opportunities your employees are looking for . (not the reverse!) You should recognize the talent that you have, and not always follow a popularity vote.

Constant change in senior management leads to a bad work environment

Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very laid back, Good for folks with families

Cons

Absolutely no chance of moving up. There is a constant influx of senior management from outside.

Stop bringing in people from outside. The new senior management is bringing their own people. This keeps repeating once every 2 years.

There are newer employer reviews for MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!