intenral wholesaler

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Irvine, CA

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than a year

Pros

young people on desk, decent pay, not very stressful, i enjoyed my time, plus get to be in sunny california which is never a bad thing! There are two sales desks though

Cons

Not much room for upside growth anymore with everything that has happend in economy. They are not really hiring external wholesalers from the desk anymore, I would expect more hybrids to be hired going froward.

Other Reviews for MetLife

snoopy is silly as an icon - too cute

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at MetLife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good people, good products, very open product platform

Cons

operational incompetence, clueless bureacratic balkanized byzantine internal bureacracy keeps advisors from efficiently servicing clients

take a lesson for leading consumer driven firms, like American Express for efficient effective service delivery and product design

Good place to work overall

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generally nice and competent co-workers, good opportunities to transfer within very large company. Friendly to women and minorities. Above average benefits. Many learning and training opportunities in both classroom and online venues. Initiative is valued.

Cons

Managers are only loosely controlled, so there is considerable variation in style and quality of leadership. The hiring process is exceptionally slow for most IT positions.

There are newer employer reviews for MetLife.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!