Trouble!!! Trouble!!!

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MetLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Size/critical mass would lead one to believe that there are advantages, but there simply AREN'T!!!

Cons

Truth is, the company is spiraling. Employee morale is seriously low. In my 23 years, I have never seen an organization lose it's way the way Met has. They espouse a 'Customer Centricity' model, and pay ZERO attention to the customer. Due to the move to North Carolina, several people have been laid-off and those that are left are paralyzed by the state of the organization. It's very sad that a company with this rich a history has gotten to this point! There are strong concerns from the field about the commitment to career distribution. Everything that is being done looks more and more like a direct to client focus. After all these years, I am now ACTIVELY looking for a new 'HOME'!!! What a sad state...

Advice to Management

PLEASE!!!! Listen to those that have made this company what it is! IF this company is to survive ( or more specifically the career distribution model) we can't afford to lose the good people that are at the end of their rope with frustration. Listen...understand....gain commitment... but for crying out loud...embrace our employees!!!! And do it quick before all the good ones are gone!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working for MetLife

I worked at MetLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very very very very few

Cons

All that is wrong with the insurance industry and all of the negatives working on and managing a helpdesk were combined in this one job. The turnover rate was way above industry standards, dishoest policies such as automatically denying claims they knew were valid in hopes the customers would not complain. Inaduquate training and managers that rose from the ranks, in most cases, rather than having managerial degrees or other outside training

Advice to Management

Treat your managers well and encourage them to do the same with the everyday worker. Stopp stonewalling your customers and decrease your call wait times to under 15 min. Last I knew customers were waiting, sometimes, hours to talk to rep on simple issues.

2. Great job growth for many years, great people,

Current Employee - Internal Wholesalerf in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesalerf in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at MetLife full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Constant encouragement for growth, good pay with increases based on merit, great benefits and employee perks. Facility was great, good technology, fantastic opportunity for self promotion

Cons

Management at times seemed to trip over each other, certain pet projects were pushed on employees when they clearly were not effective, typical large corporation red-tape.

Advice to Management

When laying off your employees, make a more concerted effort to find other placement in the company.