MetLife
www.metlife.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Experienced multiple growth opportunities, both in positions and salaries!

Disability Tax Consultant (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsAlmost unlimited growth and development opportunities. Opportunities to work both as a team member as well as independently. I'd still be there had my position not been eliminated.

ConsNo real work-life balance. The effects of staff reductions either through cuts and/or not filling open positions, eventually leads to employees putting in very long hours simply to maintain their workload. This was universal across all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany in management unfortunately have a bully mentality toward their subordinates vs. being supportive and building loyalty through team building. Most associates are true team players and will do what it takes for their team and manager to succeed, managers could be even more successful through team and morale building.

good employer

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at MetLife full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good benefits and flexible working hours Cons: a lot of years in recent years Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good to work

Cognos Developer (Current Employee)
    Somerset, NJ

I have been working at MetLife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have a better management which creates a good atmosphere Cons: Heavy production work on weekends too Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MetLife.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MetLife CEO Steven A. Kandarian. All reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees.