MetLife

www.metlife.com

Difficult working conditions, high stress & politics

Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent pay, good hours, and ability to make a little overtime. The business subject matter experts are top notch; passionate & professional, despite having to juggle numerous projects on top of their daily work.

ConsGood luck getting a place to sit & work. The real estate situation is so bad that an employee may have to wait over a year to get a perm desk/cubicle/office, and play a daily dog-eat-dog game of reserving a mobile workspace. Either way, you have to set up & break down your work space daily. Worse case, you sit in the pantry area with people constantly talking and eating around you. Try hosting a WebEx meeting under those conditions. Impossible to secure a conference room unless you reserve at least a week in advance.

The business subject matter experts are over extended, and it is next to impossible to get more than 2 or 3 of them together at the same time for a meeting.

The PMO, at least in Direct Distribution, is a mess; they over extend their resources, point fingers at others, and fire people at will, rather than taking responsibility for their poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're about to lose even more good people; most of the group has 1 foot out the door. Know what your PMO is doing; which is looking out for themselves, not their projects. When I couldn't take the stress any more, I left when another opportunity came along, even though the pay was less.

Its a good job if you can sell and don't want a 9-5.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MetLife

Pros: Work hours are very flexible Cons: Had to share phone and desk with 2 other people Advice to Senior Management: Needs better training program More

Searching for it's soul

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at MetLife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Independence, ability to make your own salary. Good support for… Cons: Lack of support for new hires with no experience. Compensation plan is among the worst in the industry. Lots of hidden costs… Advice to Senior Management: They all seem to be leaving. Not sure they need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MetLife.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!