Recommended Employer

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler I in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler I in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at MetLife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Over all benefits are average due to health care options.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Naming Rights Destroyed 3,000 Jobs....

Former Employee - Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at MetLife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Concerned more about Name Recognition than Jobs...

Advice to Management

Detail your ROI based on your Naming Rights...When you announced all you could brag about was that $500 Million Investment would bring you words....and I quote..."After every commercial break the announcers will say....Welcome back to Met Life Stadium..."...Possibly the most idiotic thing I ever heard in a Town Hall Meeting....$500 Million for what you thought would be free advertising and you can't even put a finger on the ROI after the question was asked time and time again at multiple meetings and then the CEO announces how he wants go on a Cost Savings Intitiative to save $4 Billion in 5 years..Then send 3,000 plus jobs southbound to save money,....You are a full time joke in the business....

No future here

I have been working at MetLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary. Possible work from home. Retirement contribution match.

Cons

Since 2012, this company has gone downhill. Horrible management with little knowledge of how to effectively manage and motivate staff.
    Too much work and severely understaffed. Random pet projects take the focus off of the work we should be doing. No respect for professionalism, workers experience or opinions. It feels they are just grasping at straws for a direction. Changing names of the same process...do it this way one year then next year do the opposite.
    Completely chaotic. The people currently in charge should not be. You wonder how they got there.
    There are wonderful people who work here but their strengths and assets are never used. Low morale, and lots of turn over especially among case managers.
    Also, not much room for advancement. It is just a job...not a career, career path or anything that you makes you feel like a professional

Advice to Management

Promote people into management who have education and experience in successfully managing people. Your staff are your assets...use their expertise and treat them as professionals.