Metagenics

www.metagenics.com
  www.metagenics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Metagenics

Good working environment but don't feel truly valued by management

I worked at Metagenics

Pros

Most employees are nice and easy to get along with. Compensation is competitive. It was a family corporation, ran with personal touch until recent acquisition by another company, resulting in senior management changes to "numbers" people.

Cons

Management constantly say they value their employees, and employees tend to put almost all their lives into their work, - putting in long hours and even working from home. In truth, you'll need to look out for yourself - your professional and career development - because the company couldn't care less. Their concept of human resource development is to churn talents by hiring from a much bigger company to replace long time employees. There seems to be a perception by senior management that the only way to grow the company is to mimic the path of much bigger companies. In the process, the culture that originally grew the company from garage operation to 100+ millions in revenue, is eroding fast. From a unique company, it will soon become one of the many faceless corporations.

Listen, empower, and invest on long time employees. They've proven their dedication. And investing in them is similar to investing in the company, because, chances are, they're the ones who'll stick with the company during trying times. Outside management consultants only look at the company as a snapshot in time, and the results of their solutions, while helpful, can be transitory as well.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Metagenics (View Most Recent)

it's a ok company to work with but make sure you get paid right

I have been working at Metagenics

Pros

good industry with growth potential
    big powerful owner
    flexible work environement
    new sr.management - some are very smart
    opportunity to learn nutrition

Cons

pay is not great
    the whole company is under restructuring, new sr. management team just formed recently
    US sales growth is flat

Great Company! Passionate about the industry while caring about employees

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Managers encourage career growth and support their employees in their endeavors. The company has many fun programs for employees to participate in throughout the year which makes it a fun place to work. This includes everything from food on 2 Fridays a month to more formal holiday events. Also, the company allows us to participate in the planning of employee events if you join team thrive. A growing company always has pros and cons. Change can be difficult but Metagenics does it's best to take care of employees.

Cons

Change and growth can be difficult. This is common in other growing companies as well and I expect that change in general will slow down.

Metagenics Response

Oct 2, 2014Community

Thank you for your review! As we build our culture, we are creating opportunities for development and recognition - you can see it in our MetaLearning courses and MetaThanks employee rewards ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Metagenics