There are newer employer reviews for Metagenics

Good working environment but don't feel truly valued by management

I worked at Metagenics

Pros

Most employees are nice and easy to get along with. Compensation is competitive. It was a family corporation, ran with personal touch until recent acquisition by another company, resulting in senior management changes to "numbers" people.

Cons

Management constantly say they value their employees, and employees tend to put almost all their lives into their work, - putting in long hours and even working from home. In truth, you'll need to look out for yourself - your professional and career development - because the company couldn't care less. Their concept of human resource development is to churn talents by hiring from a much bigger company to replace long time employees. There seems to be a perception by senior management that the only way to grow the company is to mimic the path of much bigger companies. In the process, the culture that originally grew the company from garage operation to 100+ millions in revenue, is eroding fast. From a unique company, it will soon become one of the many faceless corporations.

Advice to Management

Listen, empower, and invest on long time employees. They've proven their dedication. And investing in them is similar to investing in the company, because, chances are, they're the ones who'll stick with the company during trying times. Outside management consultants only look at the company as a snapshot in time, and the results of their solutions, while helpful, can be transitory as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

it's a ok company to work with but make sure you get paid right

I have been working at Metagenics

Pros

good industry with growth potential
    big powerful owner
    flexible work environement
    new sr.management - some are very smart
    opportunity to learn nutrition

Cons

pay is not great
    the whole company is under restructuring, new sr. management team just formed recently
    US sales growth is flat

Upper Managemetn

I have been working at Metagenics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has their employees best interest at heart.

Cons

Need to improve our commination methods

Advice to Management

Continue to develop individuals who are looking to enhance their careers

Metagenics Response

Jun 4, 2015Community

Thank you for your review. We are listening, and we always have our doors open for employees to share ways that we can improve. As you can see, we also view Glassdoor and we use employees’ reviews ... More