Metal Sales Manufacturing
www.metalsales.us.com Louisville, KY 500 to 999 Employees

The market has changed, Learn to compete or die

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Metal Sales Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFull line of components, testing & related products. Decent pricing, enough producing plants to geographically cover almost the entire US.

ConsThe metal building components market is extremely competitive. Over the past few years there has been a proliferation of regional rollformers that have the same steel, paint system, testing & warranties as metal sales plus they can deliver in 2 days versus 2 weeks. Metal sales has not found a way to combat these threats, they are relying on established relationships to carry them through lean times and many of those customers have purchased their own rollformers.

Not all plants produce the panels that are needed in their territory. Those panels are produced at a centralized manufacturing plant hundreds of miles away. Inter-company transfer, shipping cost and long lead times generally make those panels too expensive to be competitive in the aforementioned extremely competitive marketplace.

Constant churn of senior vp's, general managers and sales people. Several years ago the managing group started hiring managers with no industry experience which has accelerated their decline. Life expectancy of a senior vp appears to be 3-4 years. GM's and sales is less than that. Senior management tends to micromanage which has run off several long time GM's and sales people. The day I am writing this review there are 3 GM positions, 1 VP and 1 director position in the employment classifieds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some GM's that have experience in the industry and let them run their plants without the constant micromanagement and threat of termination. Be realistic with goals and performance numbers. Sales numbers from 5 years ago are worthless for establishing current budgets. When your largest customer buys his own rollformer that business is gone. Show all of the supporting personnel in the office and plants that you truly value their service.

Metal Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Metal Sales Manufacturing

Pros: Very laid back place to work. Cons: No room for growth Upper management like to talk around issues… Advice to Senior Management: Get someone to run the branch that wants to improve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rewarding Frustration

Commercial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Metal Sales Manufacturing full-time

Pros: Good people to work with for the most part. The… Cons: The lack of actual training, Cooperate office seems oblivious of… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you Branch general Managers, learn what the Market… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Metal Sales Manufacturing.

Worked for Metal Sales Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metal Sales Manufacturing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metal Sales Manufacturing CEO Greg Anapol . All reviews posted anonymously by Metal Sales Manufacturing employees.