There are newer employer reviews for Metavante

Metavante - one of Milwaukee's better employers!

Current Employee - Product Manager I
Current Employee - Product Manager I

I have been working at Metavante

Pros

There are several reasons Metavante is an ideal place to work...the Senior Management is approachable, we always put the client first, and there is work-life balance.

There are areas within Metavante that really live up to the work-life balance, and I'm fortunate to belong to one of those groups. I can work from home or take time off when I need to do so.

When I first started working at Metavante and heard Frank Martire talking about listening to the client, I thought it was lip service. But he truly walks the walks which makes you proud to know that the President expects the same thing from himself as he does other employees.

Finally, a work-life balance. I've heard from my manager about taking time away from the office and NOT answering my cell phone. They truly support employees needs to rejuvinate themselves which leads to a more enjoyable, productive environment!

Cons

Some of the downsides, like any large corporation, our size presents challenges that make us not as efficient as we could be. It also leads to the message getting lost from the top to the bottom level.

I would have to say that I am quite disappointed in the level of pay. All indications are that I'm still $14-16,000 below other Product Managers. Compensation is provided for Programming/coders and Sales Teams, but everyone else is paid not quite as much as we shoul be. It's disappointing that you're at this level in your career, but you have to work a part time job.

All-in-all, I believe Sr Management is doing a good job. There are some areas of the company where communication is a gap, however, we have webinars/townhall meetings, etc. that fill those voids. We are very fortunate that our Sr Managers do step in to the process when needed. They are always very willing to participate with clients and prospects alike. Again, relationships are very important to our management team.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Metavante (View Most Recent)

Nonverbal messages occassionally not in sync with verbal communication

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Metavante

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits
    Communication for executive management

Cons

Culture unclear and diverse since company was built on muliptle acquisitons

Figure out who your top performers are and keep them around

Not bad, but future is murky

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Metavante

Pros

Metavante is a bit above average - there seems to be legit concern for the employees on the part of senior management, but it is still a business in 21st century America so it isn't a worker's paradise by any stretch of the imagination.
    Immediate team is currently very good, we had some really bad management in the past, but this was recognized and the former team was ousted and new, far superior management brought in.

Cons

People are disposable, lots of mini-layoffs. They will at times lay someone off while there are three openings for the same position in the same department. They could do a much better job of trying to find new positions within the company, rather than just letting them go.

There is a lot of fear about the upcoming merger. Reading the FIS reviews it looks like the have some of the same problems we had a few years back. When the new senior management team came in at Metavante, they rectified many of these problems, hopefully they can do the same at FIS.

There are newer employer reviews for Metavante

Worked for Metavante? Contribute to the Community!