Methodist Health System - Dallas

There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas

experienced team

Current Employee - Histocompability Technologist in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Histocompability Technologist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System - Dallas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedules, a lot of down time

Cons

monotonous job; you will not learn a lot of things in this job, but what you do learn you will be able to do in your sleep

20 Other Employee Reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas (View Most Recent)

Work anywhere but the 5th floor

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Methodist Health System - Dallas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good pay with bonuses for extra shifts (+$8); generally welcoming spirit in overall hospital; helpful orientation; make your own schedule.

Cons

I worked on 5E the medical telemetry floor. It was always too busy and we were always understaffed and the nurses acted like they were too good to help the nurse aides. But they still wanted us to bathe all 12-18 patients we had, in addition to doing vitals every 4 hours AND hourly rounding. In addition to that, the management would ask you to complete stupid, inconsequential tasks like making sure empty rooms were stocked. Other than pay, they weren't making the overworking worth it. Many of the employees who've been there for years have left the hospital recently.

Keep at least 4 aides on the floor and hire sitters. It's more efficient and helps with patient satisfaction.

Don't Buy Into Their "Great Place To Work" line.

Pros

The people. Primarily the rank and file caregivers. Dr's and Charges tend to be too egotistical.

Cons

Poor benefits. Worse Medical I have ever had. You get sick hours but can't use them unless you run out of vacation days. Never heard of such a thing. They might as well not bother.

In-House Police Force that is second only to the Stormtroopers of Nazi Germany.

Constantly being asked to give to this and that. Pay here is below average and still you get panhandled by the staff frequently.

Did I mention pay (see above). lowest average among all local health facilities.

Be more tolerant of your employees. Your H/R is a continuous revolving door. You will not gain a long-term experience base if you continue to drive off people.

There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas