Methodist Health System - Dallas

www.methodisthealthsystem.org
  www.methodisthealthsystem.org
There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas

Working at Methodist in the IS department is normally a slow pace for work and plenty of time to have long lunches..

Current Employee - Systems Support Clinical Analyst II  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Support Clinical Analyst II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System - Dallas full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are all close in age (younger than 40) and all get along. Management is really good!

Cons

We work in the basement and it is really stuffy and gross. They can't regulate the air so some days it 30 degrees and others 90.

Get a better work environment for those in the office. Everyone is always getting sick and bringing it home to our kids.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas (View Most Recent)

Very Old Fashioned Company

Current Employee - Collector  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Collector in Dallas, TX

Pros

-Pay was very good for my position with options for bonuses.
    - My particular work area (& others I noticed) was laid back with no micro-managing from supervisors, only other employees.
    -Lots of benefit options. You can get very low cost health insurance and health care w/ lots of different services if you choose to use Methodist facilities.
    -My office also had flexible work hours and days off which made for a better work-life balance.
    -Positive mission and values of the company. Methodist has a cross on the logo and that definitely reflects the mission and values of the company, and that is what makes Methodist different from other hospitals.

Cons

-No company provided training at all. I was trained completely by my fellow coworkers, and inconsistently at that. Does not seem like a safe or smart business move considering this is HEALTHCARE.
    -No opportunities for advancement unless you can wait 10-15 years for someone to retire.
    -Very old fashioned, using outdated software and equipment. Healthcare today is cutting edge and this company is definitely behind the times.
    -Methodist spends little to no money on its employees, meaning that you will not get any new equipment until you absolutely have to have it. My office was using outdated computers that barely ran the software we used, & with tiny monitors and broken desks and office chairs.
    -There is no communication between upper management, supervisors, and employees. It seemed like no one knew what the rules and policies were until the right person did something wrong.
    -Lots of sticks in the mud. Employees who have worked there 10, 15, or 20+ years and are no longer productive employees, they just waiting for pay day.
    -As someone else mentioned, there is lots of soliciting from the company. They are always wanting you to donate this or contribute to that.

-Effective communication to all departments and employees is key.
    -Effective training programs establish a solid foundation and a safe and productive work environment.
    -Investing in your employees and equipment is essential in a technologically advancing health care industry, and could improve efficiency, profitability, and care delivery.

BEWARE! Danger in the work place.

Former Employee - EHR Analyst  in  DeSoto, TX
    Former Employee - EHR Analyst in DeSoto, TX

I worked at Methodist Health System - Dallas full-time

Pros

This company lost (2) Vice Presidents within 7 months. One died of medical issues and the other left the company due to medical issues. Too much stress. Very High turnover for small company.

Cons

Small company, with several older people in key positions. Company culture is straight out of 1950.
     New energy is not welcome. New ideas are not welcome. Proper protocol is not welcome. Misery loves company, beware, danger, do not enter. proceed to nearest EXIT! Very high turnover for small company.

For New Vice President, follow your instincts and remove any personnel that cannot or will not look you in the eye, and except new ideas. Beware of anyone that is always complaining about other employees, because they are complaining about you to the Senior VP. Watch your back!

There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Health System - Dallas

Worked for Methodist Health System - Dallas? Contribute to the Community!