There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Health System

I see myself retiring with this company

Current Employee - Business Office in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Business Office in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance, many different areas within the company for either advancement or to change direction of career path. I feel like I accomplish something everyday that contributes to the growth of the organization.

Cons

Middle management can be unapproachable at times, making productive employees feel insignificant and treating those who come to work to socialize like royalty. It would also help if Supervisors knew what the duties of their employees were, thus eliminating any confusion and stress when a situation becomes overly stressful.

Advice to Management

Communication within departments is key. If you are approachable and knowledgeable, your team will be twice as productive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. So happy I chose to work for this Hospital! And they choose me!

Current Employee - CPA in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - CPA in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent orientation until I am secure and confident. Excellent training by the best. Super health care benefits for full time (24+) hours. Very good communication. Emphasis in Patient care. The patient is obviously the top priority. The patient beds are out of this world! Supportive employee website.

Cons

Some floors have been remodeled with current decor. I'm just waiting for our floor to be updated... Employee parking garage not completed. Some areas a little dated.

Advice to Management

Personally introduce yourself to new employees - Name and Title!

Worked there for 20 years and was fired for a very petty thing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay was okay but had not had a raise since about 2008.

Cons

Horrible management, Micromanage all areas.. Kept track of everything you did all day long. Is a revolving doors of employees. Don't plan on staying there til retirment because once you are at top of pay scale they will do whatever they can to get rid of you. There are many like me out there. They are more concerned with building buildings than employees. They have no employee loyalty whatsoever. Benefits were getting cut the last few years. No pay raises.

Advice to Management

Quit micromanaging. If they had better management I probably wouldn't have seen more than 50 people come and go in the small departmetn I worked in. I just wished I would have gotten out of there a long time ago.