Methodist Healthcare
www.methodisthealth.org Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Nice people, city, decent pay

Memphis, TN

ProsPay: If you believe you're being paid under the national average, you can get HR to look into it and theres a good chance they'll fix the pay scale if it hasn't been changed in a few years. That's a good indication that they try to keep their personnel and value them.
Supplies: Luckily this isn't a place that's extra stingy on necessary daily supplies. It's hard to do daily tasks when you can't get a pen (last place I worked at).
Food in the cafeteria is pretty well priced with the employee discount.
Health benefits and 403b retirement matching is good. There's also incentives if you participate in the health insurance plan where they'll give you money for completing the task.
People are generally very nice. It is the south!

ConsDepartments (of the hospital) are quite often understaffed meaning everyone works overtime. Especially salaried employees. Hourly don't work overtime unless absolutely necessary.
Everyone gets 4 weeks of combined vacation, sick days, and holidays. This sounds like a lot but when you consider most places get at least 2 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick days, and national holidays/floating holidays, it isn't much. A lot of your days get eaten up by days your department is closed. If you don't get sick then it's alright. Otherwise your actual vacation days you can take to take a vacation isn't much at all.

love my job but low salary

I have been working at Methodist Healthcare

Pros: Great new employee new orientation Cons: low salary - still looking for better opportunities somewhere else Advice to Senior Management: new employee salary commensurate years of experience from other hospitals/state. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I love working here.

Director of Media & Community Relations (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Methodist Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Methodist has some of the best senior leadership of any company in this city, The people… Cons: Working in a not-for-profit health system means stretching resources and… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the best but ensure they will fit into our… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Methodist Healthcare.

Worked for Methodist Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Methodist Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Methodist Healthcare CEO Gary S. Shorb. All reviews posted anonymously by Methodist Healthcare employees.