Methodist Healthcare

www.methodisthealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Healthcare

Used to be a great employer until they decided lower salaries for new grads were preferable to experience

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Memphis, TN

I worked at Methodist Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good doctors, experience. A lot of specialties

Cons

The computer rules now, not patient care. RNS have so much computer charting, patient care is done by techs.

Let nurses do patient care. More nurses, less techs.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Methodist Healthcare (View Most Recent)

RN

I have been working at Methodist Healthcare

Pros

I work with highly skilled, compassionate people dedicated to providing the best care possible to the community we serve. We typically work well together to ensure the best patient outcome. The people I work with and the people I care for are the best part of my job.

Cons

Sometimes the now rapid changes to patient care environment seem poorly planned. More often, staffing seems based on numbers than acuity.

Take a moment to think about how you would want to be cared for or your family. Before affecting a change in the patient care environment, ask yourself how can we make this work?

Methodist has so many locations, one will surely fit your needs

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Germantown, TN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Germantown, TN

I worked at Methodist Healthcare

Pros

Some departments and shifts work very well together. It is almost like visiting with friends because everyone helps out and gets the work done effectively. The Germantown location in particular has very little problems with other departments. Communication is easy between departments and people work well together.

Cons

There are big differences between shifts. Things are very numbers driven now in healthcare. It is not necessarily specific to this healthcare system, but here it is brought to the staff to reinforce what needs improving.

Listen to all sides of a situation. Do not take words out of context and apply them universally. Speak with people directly and do not rely on informants.

There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Healthcare