The Pay and Benefits are Great, but the handcuffs are tight

Current Employee - RN in Houston, TX
Current Employee - RN in Houston, TX

Pros

Co workers are terrific, great attitudes, and a special camaraderie. Deliveries come up to the unit quickly, and other departments seem to care about making things work too.

Cons

Tic tock, we all wear devices that constantly monitor our whereabouts. We have to account for every second spent in a patient's room, an extra minute explaining test preparation, or assisting the patient in some small way, throws management in a tizzy. The 20 year old IV pumps just got replaced. The hallways may be spacious, but the patient rooms are cramped.

Advice to Management

Take two steps back. Find ways of letting RNs make more decisions on our units. Spend less on advertising and public relations and more on what matters.

Other Employee Reviews for Methodist Healthcare System

1. Document and report all activities of low performers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

They provide the neccessary training to accomplish job expectations.

Cons

You have to work hard for compensation. Get your money up front.

Advice to Management

Do not get too confortable

Methodist healthcare, great place to work, however every man for himself!

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary in San Antonio, TX

Pros

you have many schedule options, such as when you are done with your shift and want to pick up extra hours to make more money, you can by working on another unit or if your unit is short you can stay and help out as well. They have excellent benefits, especially if you are a student, you are entitled to tuition reimbursement or loan, a maximum of $600 per semester, which is great. You can also cash in you PTO up to 3 times a year, and they will subtract 12% of it. We were given free lunch cards for our birthdays and holidays, stapled to our pay checks.

Cons

they took away the emergency childcare program this year, due to spending consolidations.

Advice to Management

to think about as much time and money as you spend with your employees, there should be a follow up program when the employee nears their 1 year anniversary, coming from another management department and not just the manager from the employee's department