Methodist Hospital of Southern California

www.methodisthospital.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Methodist Hospital of Southern California

Everyone was friendly however management/ CEO etc could be better.

Former Employee - Secretary in Arcadia, CA
Former Employee - Secretary in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Methodist Hospital of Southern California part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the people here everyone was helpful, and the environment feels like everyone was a giant family.

Cons

I hated being flexed and cancelled. Basically cancelled in the morning then called to come back in just to flex. I hated how they tried to cut pennies and dimes in every corner. Underpaid than surrounding hospitals and definitely under appreciated. Several co-workers left due to the fact that we never got full-time hours and were required to use personal vacation/sick time to cover those hours due to the fact that we were constantly being sent home.

Other Employee Reviews for Methodist Hospital of Southern California

Amazing community, good benefits, underpaid, under promoted, unappreciated, enjoyable work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Methodist Hospital of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great people to work with for the most part - The community of the employees has a real desire to be like a family even though Administration no longer fosters a family atmosphere - The work is enjoyable

Cons

- Employees have not been given a real raise in over 5 years. -Promises made to promote were delayed and rejected due to politics and personal vendettas to keep costs low and keep their own job looking good to Administration for more than a year before I quit

Advice to Management

Management should not make false promises to employees because as you can see, it will reflect poorly on the entire organization. Requests for promotions should go through more than one person for review and approval to avoid individuals in administration denying employees their hard earned promotions just so they can look good and keep costs down.

New Management provides little comfort to the new direction of the hospital

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

I have been working at Methodist Hospital of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of your peers are good people to be around.

Cons

Top management fails to share important information with staff. Information that is shared has been watered down and sanitized compared to the actual truth.

Advice to Management

Be more open with information and involve employees on the decision making process. This isn't a public company catering to shareholders. In this case, you need to listen to employees and patients for the direction. Don't just do what you believe to be correct because it worked at other places.