There are newer employer reviews for Metier

When a job becomes more than just work...

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Rosa, CA
Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Metier

Pros

Métier’s open space environment extends beyond the desk arrangement. As a young professional there are three things that I considered high-priority when looking for a job. 1) Training and professional development outside of my immediate assignment. 2) Interesting and challenging work that pushes me as an individual and professional. 3) A company culture that extends beyond the office environment into the community. I found all three at Métier.

The intake training process at Métier is an intense two-week boot-camp focused on learning the ins-and-outs of our software and services. Training is a company-wide effort with many departments collaborating to support new-hires. Having a job at Métier is contingent on successfully completing boot-camp. Regular coaching sessions with management and ‘brown-bag’ presentations ensure that professional training and development extend beyond the intake training. A continuing education allowance further solidifies Métier’s commitment to individual and professional development.

As part of a relatively new and small department within Métier I am asked to do many tasks with which I have no experience. From being a part of a new-feature development team to supporting Sales and Consulting – anything is game. Completion of these assignments requires the ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team.

Métier culture extends beyond the office. Company wide holiday parties, cocktail and wine-tasting happy-hours and community service events are the norm at Métier. Projects like ‘Protectors to Project Managers’ aren’t done to promote the company – they’re done to foster a relationship with the community in which we live. Work hard, play hard, give back.

Cons

In a relatively small company with such large aspirations it can be daunting to stay in-tune with company priorities. It’s up to the individual to maintain a priority list and not to let individual priorities slip by the wayside. Management will support individual goals, but it’s up you to schedule time to catch up on lower-priority items.

Management understands that Métier will be a stepping-stone for many individuals, but there are definitely those of us who would like to stay long-term. The CEO fully embraces that ‘most [employees] will not retire from Métier’ but he also tries to focus on employees who would like to grow long term here. The Professional Development Program does just that and is certainly a giant-leap forward on this front against other companies I’ve worked for and offers a great foundation on which to build a strong employee retention program. Management should continue to invest in and grow the professional development program to encourage employees to continuously grow their career.

reviews filtered by

Success is not an option its a corporate culture

I have been working at Metier

Pros

As mentioned before Métier is an excellent company to grow your career and really learn to become a true professional. Métier is a company based on smart business values and will teach you to apply those values throughout your career. The company culture at Métier can be easily explained as "work hard, play hard". There is a lot asked of the employees but rewards, benefits and bonuses(raises) are also frequently given out. Remember all rewards, benefits and bonuses (raises) are earned not expected just as in life.

One of the great aspects of Métier and especially the management team is that success is not an option it is a requirement. When there is a big win for the company every employee feels as if he or she contributed. The management team does a great job mentoring and educating the staff that every decision made will affect the business and their career. This does not mean that you will be fired for making a mistake but rather you are encouraged to learn from your mistakes and apply that knowledge in the future.

If you are looking for a career not a job then Métier is a great company to look into.

Cons

The only downside I can see from my experience here at Métier is that this is not a simple job it is a career and lifestyle change. If you are looking for a regular 9-5 and do not want to be presented with a challenge everyday this is not the company for you. There is no daily routine at the company, a day can be very dynamic and throw lots of curve balls.

My advice for management is to keep on doing what they are doing rewarding success, hard work and good business decisions.

Currently Working at Métier

I have been working at Metier

Pros

A lot of companies talk about strategy but their actions don’t make you confident in their judgment- not at Métier. I can honestly tell you that I have the utmost confidence in our management team and their ability to plan for the future and grow the company successfully. Having this confidence allows me to take their feedback and guidance, knowing that it will propel me in the right direction not only for that specific project but for my career at Métier. Additionally, it is a comfort to know that this same management team picked me to work with and invest in.

A few more pros:
    • Constructive feedback
    • Room for professional growth
    • Great co-workers
    • Friendly office environment
    • Fun company events at local wineries, parks, restaurants, etc

Cons

Working for Métier gives you the opportunity to advance your career at an accelerated rate, if you are willing to work hard. Not everyone is willing to put in the hard work- this is the difference between what will allow you to succeed or “get in and get out” as another reviewer put it.

This is an environment where there are deadlines and where you are held accountable for your work products. If you don’t thrive under pressure, can’t adapt to new projects or aren’t willing to wear multiple hats, you aren’t going to succeed here. Having a strong understanding of who you are and where your strengths lie is an important part to being successful anywhere. This is especially apparent at Métier because you’ll be asked to perform from day one.

Management at Métier should continue to offer community/company events. We are establishing ourselves within Santa Rosa and are showing the community that we are here to contribute and grow with Sonoma County. The management team is dedicated to this area and its prosperity and I think they will stay committed and continue to build a solid reputation in this great community.

There are newer employer reviews for Metier