Metro Mattress
metromattress.com Syracuse, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Well established business plan from C-Level Execs which lead to growth and prosperity for the rapidly expanding company.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Metro Mattress

ProsUpper Management and Corporate Level Executives put emphasis on training the ideal employee and don't drop an employee if they are showing willingness to learn. Entry level salesmen have the opportunity to earn a decent income. With persistence, even a timid employee can be shaped into a salesmen. The intensity of a commission based atmosphere in a competitive market makes the job fun. Sure there is downtime, however the top sales associates are utilizing that downtime to better themselves for future opportunity. Despite that you are micromanaged to a certain degree, your voice will always be heard whether it is during a staff meeting or a conference call.

ConsAs mentioned you are micromanaged and even evaluated on camera of your performance. Some employees feel that this is intrusive and feel they could perform better without being scrutinized. However, upper management will never get on your case if you are doing your job. Also you have to work all Holidays, Weekends and Nights which can be a burden to your social life.

Great entry level sales experience...You learn a lot more then in a normal retail job.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I worked at Metro Mattress

Pros: -Money -Strategy -Fun Managers -Competitive (internally as well) Cons: -Work every single weekend (no exceptions) -Work long holiday hours -Have to… Advice to Senior Management: -Everybody needs an extra day off every now and then… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Retail sales job.

Rochester, NY

I have been working at Metro Mattress

Pros: Better than average commission structure than other mattress or furniture stores in upstate NY. Fair up system. Reasonble health… Cons: The main con is the hours worked and days worked. As is… Advice to Senior Management: The only advice I can give would be to figure out a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Metro Mattress.

Worked for Metro Mattress? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metro Mattress reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metro Mattress CEO David Shiroff. All reviews posted anonymously by Metro Mattress employees.