There are newer employer reviews for Metro News

OK if you are in a bind and need a job asap, not long term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

cool co workers, every body there is down to earth

Cons

dead end, low pay, there is no benefits

Advice to Management

look into raising the entry level pay

Other Employee Reviews for Metro News

1. A stepping stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

worklife balance, flexible, abililty to be creative and innovate. you can work as a team or on an individual basis.

Cons

not everyone is on the same page, lack of communication and consistency, inability to grow, some processes are very repetitive.

Advice to Management

they need to communicate better, invest in employees, listen to employees, give incentives to good work ethics, ideas, and perfomance.

2. Good career choice, dependent on location.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Metro News full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks are great, money is great, really well organized company, good leads, international presence, innovative product. I really did enjoy working there for the most part.

Cons

Their leads weren't always great quality and they really expected you to make something out of every single one that came across your desk. The work life balance could have used some help as I would get emails and calls from my manager into the evening and on vacation which was disconcerting. Honestly, I absolutely loved working there and probably would have continued had it not been for direct management where I was. Having an all female office was difficult at times and it was public knowledge that she would use certain employees as scapegoats and bully them relentlessly. I know of 4 employees that have left under the duress of that situation.

Advice to Management

Perhaps take a look at your management at a local level. Particularly in Edmonton.