Metro Transit St. Louis

www.metrostlouis.org
  www.metrostlouis.org
There are newer employer reviews for Metro Transit St. Louis

Not keeping pace with minimum wage

Current Employee - Gateway Arch in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Gateway Arch in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Metro Transit St. Louis

Pros

Flexible about time off. upward mobility if you can get out of the arch. Indoor climinate controlled environment to work in.

Cons

Raises are basically non existant. Unless you can transfer your skills to another department with in the agency you are stuck at a dead end at the gateway arch.

Don't just give us lip service. Put your money where your mouth is when you say we are doing a good job. Also it's kind of insincere that virtually no one who is above the the minimum wage level takes transit to work. I highly doubt the CEO from chesterfield is taking the bus to the metrolink to get to work every day.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Metro Transit St. Louis (View Most Recent)

I'm outta here!

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Metro Transit St. Louis

Pros

Employer-paid transit benefit, pension vested at 5 years, good 401K program, free flu shots and health screenings, work-out room, good location downtown on Lacledes Landing

Cons

Terrible communication lines, not much room for movement upward, shabby work environment, out of touch with customer needs

Learn to give feedback on a more regular basis, recognize positives and achievement

One in which I learned alot and met some very good people.

Former Employee - Rail Manager/Controller
    Former Employee - Rail Manager/Controller

I worked at Metro Transit St. Louis

Pros

Upper management sees you as a person not a number. The people, especially my co-workers, were very kind and good to me

Cons

Metro/Bi-State is very conservative like the rest of Missouri. It needs to work on accepting all people, ages, sizes, races and orientations as equal.

Moving people laterally can help with boredom from being on the same job for 15 yrs. Just saying some old heads would have enjoyed new duties.

There are newer employer reviews for Metro Transit St. Louis