Engineer

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at MetroPCS as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

very relaxed atmospere working environment

Cons

very relaxed atmospere working environment

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A Really Average Company

I worked at MetroPCS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company was frugal, and it DID pass the savings to its customers in the form of substantial cost savings for similar product offerings.

Cons

We were constantly reminded of the fact that we were working for the "low cost provider," affecting each dollar spent. The middle- and lower-tier employees were a distant concern for executive management, to whom, we were reminded, "we owe our livlihoods."

Advice to Management

Have you forgotten the working masses that built your dream and made you more wealthy?

2. Telecommunications service provider and cell phone organization with BIG goals and vision.

Former Employee - Director of Finance and Operations in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Finance and Operations in Alameda, CA

I worked at MetroPCS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The San Francisco regional office was run like other progressive bay area entities; business casual dress, a few friendly dogs in the office daily, and fun team builders; overall positive, knowledgeable, and professional employees from top to bottom ... although there is a few less than.

Cons

During my tenure, there seemed to be an underlying drive to consolidate infrastructure at Corporate [Dallas] that was not spoken of but clearly existed. Unfortunately, due to bonus structure, the operational regions seem to be in competition with each other although presented as collaborative by Corporate.

Advice to Management

As the acquisition by T-Mobile continues to progress, be forthright with employees who may be in positions considered for consolidation [layoffs] and the timing thereof.