Metropolitan Community College

Great part time job

Current Employee - Adjunct in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Adjunct in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Metropolitan Community College

Pros

Flexible and great money
Enjoy teaching in class or online

Cons

More training for online class--quarterly

I have worked there for over 5 years and have enjoyed my time. I will continue with the company for many years to come. Thank you for the opportunity.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Metropolitan Community College (View Most Recent)

MCC is a backstabbing, political, dysfunctional environment where cronyism rules.

Current Employee - Other in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Other in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Metropolitan Community College

Pros

Wonderful students who inspire you and remind you of the value of education to make a difference.
    tuition reimbursement (80% UMKC tuition rate)
    403b matching

Cons

Top executive team are overzealous and short-shighted. As a result, everyone is afraid and rountinely throw each other under the bus rather than suffer the wrath of top brass.
    Politics, politics, politics! Who knew a community college system could breed layers and layers of bureaucracy and mismanagement.
    Cronyism rules. Ignore job openings because they're all slated for someone's buddy.

Read external and internal audits and take heed.
    Do right by students, staff and faculty NOT because you have to but because it's just the right thing to do.

Great place to work...has pros and cons like any job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Metropolitan Community College

Pros

Family atmosphere, personally rewarding to help students, great benefits (especially vacation and sick leave), job security, flexibility in most departments, embraces diversity,

Cons

Pay is less in education field than in general business, family insurance is expensive (but very good), difficult to move within the organization because they do not have a high turnover.

Communication has greatly improved over the last few years. Hiring/promoting practices are frustrating and often waste time of outside applicants because job is most likely to go to internal applicant. I think promoting within is great but you never know if someone is already "chosen" for the position.

There are newer employer reviews for Metropolitan Community College