Metropolitan Market
www.metropolitan-market.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Worked as a courtesy clerk, bagging groceries, helping customers out to their cars, and cleaning.

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsFairly relaxed management. Good food, plenty of samples around the store. Customers mostly friendly white people. Bagging groceries can actually be fun if you get into it. You get to outside when helping customers.

ConsMinimum wage. Customers mostly snobby white people. Smelly garbage machine out back. Often boredom-inducing. Refused to hire me back for winter season. Sometimes it's raining and customers still need help, and they rarely tip (not that they're allowed to).

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Metropolitan Market

Pros: It was a Clean and Hardworking Enviroment Cons: The management made emotional decisions. More

It's fine.

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Metropolitan Market full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy work. Great Benefits. Decent Pay. Cons: Rough schedule. Tight labor budget. Advice to Senior Management: Be more consistent with the involvement. Either stand back or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Metropolitan Market.

Worked for Metropolitan Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metropolitan Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metropolitan Market CEO Terry Halverson. All reviews posted anonymously by Metropolitan Market employees.