Metropolitan State College of Denver

www.mscd.edu
  www.mscd.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Metropolitan State College of Denver

Good opportunity to attend school and still make a little money.

Current Employee - Work Study Research Assistant
Current Employee - Work Study Research Assistant

I have been working at Metropolitan State College of Denver

Pros

I am able to take time off to study or work around my kids. I work on interesting research and get opportunities to travel for conferences. Great support for my goals and guidance on how to get there.

Cons

It is a typical red tape environment. Equipment is slow to be updated to something that isn't 10 years old.

Choose between being a preeminent university and a commuter college. The current vision of what Metro is contradicts it self. As a student and an employee - higher education as a whole is struggling. Confusing the issue with who we are and trying to change it so drastically changes the atmosphere and the accessibility to the community that has supported it for 45+ years.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Metropolitan State College of Denver (View Most Recent)

MSU Denver is an incredible institution.

Current Employee - Team Leader New Student Orientation in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Team Leader New Student Orientation in Denver, CO

I have been working at Metropolitan State College of Denver part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cost, faculty, flexibility in class schedule, small class size.

Cons

None, I had no problems at this school.

Keep up the good work.

Affiliate (i.e., Adjunct) Professor situation

Current Employee - Affiliate Faculty in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Affiliate Faculty in Denver, CO

I have been working at Metropolitan State College of Denver as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Administration ignores affiliate faculty. This makes it easier for us to do our actual job of educating without dealing with a lot of B.S. A talented teacher can create excellent classes at Metro.

Cons

Administration ignores affiliate faculty. This makes it difficult to have a career at Metro - the max an affiliate can make over a year is about 20K. Students would be better served by teachers who have careers rather than what Metro wants, which is for most of their classes to be taught by moonlighters.

Hire the best affiliates at a living wage and give them a 5-5 load plus some service duties. Call them "instructors" if the real professors think they are getting all uppity.

There are newer employer reviews for Metropolitan State College of Denver