Mettler-Toledo

us.mt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo

Overall, MT is a great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

After being here at MT for awhile now, I am still happy to say I work here. Overall the company is a warm inviting atmosphere. It has really been fun to work in a company with a worldwide presence. The company cares about its employees with a very fair benefits package, cares about the community with active involvement in United Way, etc. In my area, everyone treats each other fair, and is enjoyable to work with. Another pro is the location. Most of the larger companies seem to be located in downtown or Dublin. MT's location is in a much better location, and is much easier to commute to/from everyday. There is MUCH less petty bickering here than my formal job. I now actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there is a disconnect between employees and management. While we are given a very broad range of responsibilities, it seems to be hard to get a definite answer at times.

Overall, please keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for realizing that we are a world wide company, and not just small individual units.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Mettler-Toledo (View Most Recent)

Supervisors unknowageable

Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

Pay and freedom to set your time

Cons

You will never move up. Management does not listen to any others ideas. Be careful when talking to the Human Resources leaders (the firing team)because they will protect management at all cost. and never pay you the money owed to you for sales or customer increases in your zone

Hire people in supervisor postions that know the job and don't just be yes men

May Not Be A Great Place For You If You Are Ambitious.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

Benefits were okay. Co-workers were nice to work with. Some departments were great to work with. Technology was up to date. Bonuses were very good in some departments.

Cons

You will probably never move up. Management does not listen to others ideas. Be careful when talking to the Human Resources leaders because they will protect management at all cost.

Be aware of managers that do not know how to manage and have a habit of getting rid of their staff often. The company seems to go through rounds of layoffs every 5-7 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo