Mettler-Toledo

us.mt.com
  us.mt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo

Backwards, rust belt...worst physical work environment ever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

some products, especially in the Lab area, are cutting edge and interesting. Anyting innovative in this organization comes from Switzerland.

Cons

Bizarre, backwards, back-biting environment. Some of the worst "this is the way we've always done it" attitudes you will find anywhere. Top management in the US are in a weird "clique", that doesn't communicate much with middle management. That same top management has a limited skill set and I expect wouldn't last long in a real organization. Workspace for middle management and below is basically a small desk..the worst I've ever seen. Cube walls are low and workers are on top of each other. Miserable.

Lose the top N. American leaders and anyone who's been with the company over 10 years. They're incompetent and entrenched.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Mettler-Toledo (View Most Recent)

Overall, MT is a great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

After being here at MT for awhile now, I am still happy to say I work here. Overall the company is a warm inviting atmosphere. It has really been fun to work in a company with a worldwide presence. The company cares about its employees with a very fair benefits package, cares about the community with active involvement in United Way, etc. In my area, everyone treats each other fair, and is enjoyable to work with. Another pro is the location. Most of the larger companies seem to be located in downtown or Dublin. MT's location is in a much better location, and is much easier to commute to/from everyday. There is MUCH less petty bickering here than my formal job. I now actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there is a disconnect between employees and management. While we are given a very broad range of responsibilities, it seems to be hard to get a definite answer at times.

Overall, please keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for realizing that we are a world wide company, and not just small individual units.

Supervisors unknowageable

Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

Pay and freedom to set your time

Cons

You will never move up. Management does not listen to any others ideas. Be careful when talking to the Human Resources leaders (the firing team)because they will protect management at all cost. and never pay you the money owed to you for sales or customer increases in your zone

Hire people in supervisor postions that know the job and don't just be yes men

There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo