Mettler is an average company.

Current Employee - Professional Pee-On  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Professional Pee-On in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some good people work at Mettler.

Cons

1. Upper management has no clue.
2. There is a lot of political business going on.
3. They are greedy and unfair / it is all about the share holder only!
4. Raises and the variable pay system is a joke even before the economical fall
5. Management has their pawns who do their job
6. Butt kissing is well liked by managememt
7. There is a lot of "smoke blowing"

Pay your employees what they are worth. Quit playing these political games and screwing around with employees pay. Quit using and abusing the harder workers. Employees who does not kiss butt deserve good raises and variable pay too. In fact, most brown nosers are good talkers and not so much good workers but I guess that is how you do "business" the past few years. Fifteen years ago or so I would have rated Mettler a 4 or 5. They went downhill and never went back up. I blame going public and greed that corrupted the core values of being a good company to work for.

Other Reviews for Mettler-Toledo

Backwards, rust belt...worst physical work environment ever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

some products, especially in the Lab area, are cutting edge and interesting. Anyting innovative in this organization comes from Switzerland.

Cons

Bizarre, backwards, back-biting environment. Some of the worst "this is the way we've always done it" attitudes you will find anywhere. Top management in the US are in a weird "clique", that doesn't communicate much with middle management. That same top management has a limited skill set and I expect wouldn't last long in a real organization. Workspace for middle management and below is basically a small desk..the worst I've ever seen. Cube walls are low and workers are on top of each other. Miserable.

Lose the top N. American leaders and anyone who's been with the company over 10 years. They're incompetent and entrenched.

Overall, MT is a great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mettler-Toledo

Pros

After being here at MT for awhile now, I am still happy to say I work here. Overall the company is a warm inviting atmosphere. It has really been fun to work in a company with a worldwide presence. The company cares about its employees with a very fair benefits package, cares about the community with active involvement in United Way, etc. In my area, everyone treats each other fair, and is enjoyable to work with. Another pro is the location. Most of the larger companies seem to be located in downtown or Dublin. MT's location is in a much better location, and is much easier to commute to/from everyday. There is MUCH less petty bickering here than my formal job. I now actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there is a disconnect between employees and management. While we are given a very broad range of responsibilities, it seems to be hard to get a definite answer at times.

Overall, please keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for realizing that we are a world wide company, and not just small individual units.

There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo.

Worked for Mettler-Toledo? Contribute to the Community!