nursing student

Former Intern - Student Nurse in Miami, FL
Former Intern - Student Nurse in Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Children's Health System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I did my clinical rotations there and i absolutely fell in love with everything. the staff was extremely nice and very helpful when it came to helping the students. I decided to come back to do my preceptorship there and my preceptor was fantastic!

Cons

They dont have a new grad program for when graduate nursing school so u have to hope and pray that they hire u even as a new grad

Advice to Management

If someone is calling about nursing opportunities then we should be able to speak to the Nurse Recruiter and not the secretary

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Top notch vision and mission; poor regard of talent

Current Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Miami Children's Health System part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bright CEO. Top notch drive. CEO Knows what it takes to grow and success. Nice vision and mission. Staff is passionate about the hospital. Nurses care for each other and for patients and parents. Managers work very hard. Nice location. Nice building. very colourful.

Cons

People have a sad sense of disappointment. Not good enough is the message coming from the top. Evaluation process is a downer. No matter how hard you work the result is the same. You're average. Slowly you lose motivation and become robotic and working for a paystub. when you dont care for people, people stop caring too. I dont know what these top people look like. the chief of talent care more about the numbers than the staff and good IT people are leaving left and right because the VP is a bully. I cannot remember the last time I saw the senior people. That says a lot about the culture.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics. It is not rocket science. talk to people. stop scaring people. stop the not good enough mentality. stop cutting employees bread and butter. slow down. people will save millions if you would listen to us. but you think you are so smart and you have all the answers. good luck with that. stop blaming supervisors. you are the problem. let me do my work. stop controling everything and being in my business. focus on what is working, instead of crying about what is not working.

2. Respected organization with high standards, morals and integrity?????

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Miami Children's Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly believe most MCH employees love working at the hospital. Doctors, Nurses and staff all take a great deal of pride delivering outstanding care to all the children that come to the hospital 7x24x365.

Cons

Some members of executive management team lack integrity and morals which is very sad for such a once proud organization. The new leadership team does not lead by example and DO NOT adhere to MCH Way core principals championed by CEO / Dr. Kini. Case in point: A certain SVP that will remain nameless has lost the trust of some senior executives including their own staff because they all have witnessed first hand how they manage and treat employees by bullying, intimidation and manipulating.

Advice to Management

1) Establish a zero tolerance policy and make all executive leadership members follow MCH Way core values and principals set by Dr. Kini. The executive team must lead by example. 2) Hire a new SVP that has integrity, compassion and is genuinely passionate about MCH interests not just their own self serving ego. This person should truly care about all MCH employees including those in their own department.