There are newer employer reviews for Miami Children's Hospital

nursing student

Former Employee - Student Nurse  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Student Nurse in Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Children's Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I did my clinical rotations there and i absolutely fell in love with everything. the staff was extremely nice and very helpful when it came to helping the students. I decided to come back to do my preceptorship there and my preceptor was fantastic!

Cons

They dont have a new grad program for when graduate nursing school so u have to hope and pray that they hire u even as a new grad

If someone is calling about nursing opportunities then we should be able to speak to the Nurse Recruiter and not the secretary

51 Other Employee Reviews for Miami Children's Hospital (View Most Recent)

Respected organization with high standards, morals and integrity?????

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Miami Children's Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I truly believe most MCH employees love working at the hospital. Doctors, Nurses and staff all take a great deal of pride delivering outstanding care to all the children that come to the hospital 7x24x365.

Cons

Some members of executive management team lack integrity and morals which is very sad for such a once proud organization. The new leadership team does not lead by example and DO NOT adhere to MCH Way core principals championed by CEO / Dr. Kini. Case in point: A certain SVP that will remain nameless has lost the trust of some senior executives including their own staff because they all have witnessed first hand how they manage and treat employees by bullying, intimidation and manipulating.

1) Establish a zero tolerance policy and make all executive leadership members follow MCH Way core values and principals set by Dr. Kini. The executive team must lead by example.
    2) Hire a new SVP that has integrity, compassion and is genuinely passionate about MCH interests not just their own self serving ego. This person should truly care about all MCH employees including those in their own department.

Top notch vision and mission; poor regard of talent

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Miami Children's Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bright CEO. Top notch drive. CEO Knows what it takes to grow and success. Nice vision and mission. Staff is passionate about the hospital. Nurses care for each other and for patients and parents. Managers work very hard. Nice location. Nice building. very colourful.

Cons

People have a sad sense of disappointment. Not good enough is the message coming from the top. Evaluation process is a downer. No matter how hard you work the result is the same. You're average. Slowly you lose motivation and become robotic and working for a paystub. when you dont care for people, people stop caring too. I dont know what these top people look like. the chief of talent care more about the numbers than the staff and good IT people are leaving left and right because the VP is a bully. I cannot remember the last time I saw the senior people. That says a lot about the culture.

Go back to basics. It is not rocket science. talk to people. stop scaring people. stop the not good enough mentality. stop cutting employees bread and butter. slow down. people will save millions if you would listen to us. but you think you are so smart and you have all the answers. good luck with that. stop blaming supervisors. you are the problem. let me do my work. stop controling everything and being in my business. focus on what is working, instead of crying about what is not working.

There are newer employer reviews for Miami Children's Hospital

Worked for Miami Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!