Miami Dade College

www.mdc.edu
  www.mdc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Miami Dade College

an ok company to work for, dont expect your hard work to go noticed.

Former Employee - Capus Network Services Technician in Kendall, FL
Former Employee - Capus Network Services Technician in Kendall, FL

I worked at Miami Dade College part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Depend on the department you work on the atmosphere will be different. Overall, it brings good things to the table in the fact that you can work where you go to school, this is if you go to school or are planning to continue your education or further up your career. They will help you achieve it, that is one of the good things that they do have. As a work study job or regular PT or FT employee.

Cons

Again, depends on the department you work for and the people you have to deal with it. I worked for the college for around 12 years, ever since i got out of high school and started my engineering carrer. I worked in different departments. But what seems to be the same outcome on all the department. hypocrisy, back staving, taking behind your back to gain preference with higher ups and promotions, promotions will go by who is better friends with the boss than rather focus on what they can bring to the table. low wages and i mean low wages. very little incentive to grow within the college.

regardless if i have an advice to management, i dont think it will change things... if things never changed in 12 years and only got worst i dont spect things to go any better.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Miami Dade College (View Most Recent)

Very satisfactory.

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Dade College

Pros

It has a very diverse student body. Students come from all backgrounds and walks of life. This provides an enriching environment for learning. The employee package of benefits is generous and useful.

Cons

Because it is a large educational complex--probably one of the largest in the nation--encompassing so many people as staff and students, it can be very bureaucratic and some processes can become slow and truly cumbersome. Too much paperwork.

They love you when you are doing good, but as soon as they get tired of you, theyll find a way to get rid of you.

Former Employee - Lab Technician- North Campus in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Technician- North Campus in Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Dade College

Pros

Good experience with faculty. Lots of academic opportunities as a perk of working there (research, special events) if you put your own time in. There was a feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself. I was very satisfied when I completed a project or suggested a way to improve an existing facility, however, management didnt share my enthusiasm.

Cons

Managament basically owns your soul. The objective of the game is to keep them happy (whoever they may be) for as long as you can, in any way you can. If you rub someone the wrong way, they have influence to make your life impossible.

Stop micr-managing people. Assign tasks and hire people that are competent and able to do them without constant supervision. Make your own life easier. Dont allow decisions to be influenced by personal issues, or abuse of power. Lower level managers/supervisors abuse their authority constantly, and HR does nothing because its more convenient to keep a supervisor than another "expendable" employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Miami Dade College