Miami Dade College
www.mdc.edu Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

an ok company to work for, dont expect your hard work to go noticed.

Capus Network Services Technician (Former Employee)
Kendall, FL

ProsDepend on the department you work on the atmosphere will be different. Overall, it brings good things to the table in the fact that you can work where you go to school, this is if you go to school or are planning to continue your education or further up your career. They will help you achieve it, that is one of the good things that they do have. As a work study job or regular PT or FT employee.

ConsAgain, depends on the department you work for and the people you have to deal with it. I worked for the college for around 12 years, ever since i got out of high school and started my engineering carrer. I worked in different departments. But what seems to be the same outcome on all the department. hypocrisy, back staving, taking behind your back to gain preference with higher ups and promotions, promotions will go by who is better friends with the boss than rather focus on what they can bring to the table. low wages and i mean low wages. very little incentive to grow within the college.

Advice to Senior Managementregardless if i have an advice to management, i dont think it will change things... if things never changed in 12 years and only got worst i dont spect things to go any better.

Very satisfactory.

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Dade College

Pros: It has a very diverse student body. Students come from all backgrounds and walks of life.… Cons: Because it is a large educational complex--probably one of the largest in the nation--encompassing so many people as staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They love you when you are doing good, but as soon as they get tired of you, theyll find a way to get rid of you.

Lab Technician- North Campus (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

I worked at Miami Dade College

Pros: Good experience with faculty. Lots of academic opportunities as a perk of working there (research, special events) if you put your own time in. There… Cons: Managament basically owns your soul. The objective of the game is to keep them happy (whoever they may be) for as long… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micr-managing people. Assign tasks and hire people that are competent and able to do them without constant supervision. Make your own life easier. Dont… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Miami Dade College.

Worked for Miami Dade College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miami Dade College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miami Dade College CEO Eduardo J. PadrĂ³n. All reviews posted anonymously by Miami Dade College employees.