Miami

www.miamigov.com

City of Miami on a downward spiral.

ProsMiami has a good benefits package, inclusive of a pension program and comprehensive medical benefits. Goverment discounts are also available to City employees.

ConsThe nepotism and cronism in the City of Miami is at an all time high. Over qualified people are looked over for positions that under qualified people are being hired for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the experts in their respective fields do their job. You hire competent people so you don't have to DO their work for them.

It was positive overall.

I have been working at Miami full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pay rate in municipal government is better than state.… Cons: The morale is on the ground due to the lay offs incurred by the crash of the economy in 2009. There are a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Find those with institutional knowledge and ask, listen and learn.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poorly Managed and short-sighted.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

I worked at Miami full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Vast majority of employees are fantastic. Definitely do not fit… Cons: Administration is too politically influenced, to the point of dysfunction. Advice to Senior Management: Find someone who understands business processes to run the business.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Miami.

Worked for Miami? Contribute to the Community!