Miami Valley Hospital

www.miamivalleyhospital.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Miami Valley Hospital

it was a learning experince in my field of work.

Former Employee - Trayline Assembly in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Trayline Assembly in Dayton, OH

I worked at Miami Valley Hospital

Pros

the benefit were good, gave me enough time off when i got sick,really liked the std,ltd igot to use.i hated that i could'nt advance like i wanted.

Cons

you did;nt get a tour when you first start working ,when a patient or avisitor wanted to know where a certain place was you be like duh,get out and meet and greet your employees

Advice to Management

get out and meet and greet your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Management at Miami Valley Hospital is below poor!

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Miami Valley Hospital

Pros

I love taking care of my patients and I love most of my co-workers.

Cons

Patient ratios are way too high, we carry too many patients to be able to provide proper care. The management is awful and is never there for the employee's, instead you are told to deal with the issues yourself. There is no teamwork among the staff and moral is at an all time low. Miami Valley Hospital claims to be the region's leader in health care and as an employee that see things in person, that is a very misleading statement. It is the worst place I have ever worked, it puts employee and patients alike in danger on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, help them with issues, create a better and safer work environment. Be kind to them and think about when you were low man on the poll before became a manager and how you wished to be treated. All in all just because you are a manager does not mean that you are better than any of the employees that make MVH possible and do all the grunt work so you can get the big pay check and we go without raises. Speak up for your staff and stand by them all the time, dont be a push over.

2. PCT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Miami Valley Hospital

Pros

At MVH, there is always something interesting going on- boredom doesn't exist here! It's a fabulous place to work- coworkers are easy to communicate with and act as a team, the hospital is always improving and renovating, and excellence is always strived for. Benefits like good health insurance, 401(k), discounts on many life expenses through business partnerships, education advancement opportunities, and employee heath and wellness centers are great incentives to working at the Valley.

Cons

The pay is not as competitive here as what I personally, would like. Other than that, it's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

If there was any way to beef up salaries and wages, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, it's a wonderful place to work and I'm an extremely satisfied employee.