Michael Page

www.page.com

Entrepreneurial Culture with Team Environment

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

I have to say I am a little disappointed to read a few of the previous reviews. From a personal perspective I have loved my experience at Michael Page International so far and am proud to work for the firm. I feel I have benefited from excellent training, genuine support from my Manager and Directors and am surrounded by bright, smart, passionate and hardworking people that are all genuinely keen to see you succeed. Recruitment is not for everyone however, it takes a resilient nature and tolerance for hard work to build a business and network but the results and bonuses are worth it. I believe the comments people have made below about MPI being all "stats, stats, stats" are misleading; while the business like all recruitment companies operates with some key performance indicators generally they are used as a roadmap to help new consultants get into good routines and practices. I find that those who focus on these metrics in their reviews are typically the under performers in the business that often haven't experienced the highs that this industry can bring when you are successful. I think some of the comments about european leadership issues were partly true across the CT and NY offices in the past (new, better leadership has been brought in recently) however offices like Boston experience very little turnover and have strong management team.

Cons

Out of date systems but they are in the process of being upgraded
Little investment in brand recognition from Marketing

Keep supporting strong managers who care about their teams - they are critical to growth.
Try to copy the Boston office's success a little more in other regional offices.
Invest more in localized brand awareness initiatives

Other reviews for Michael Page

Very "FRATTY" work atmosphere with a lot of negative criticism being made to feel stupid.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Young People, Coffee, Exposure to a lot of businesses and companies, good training.

Cons

You are treated terribly by upper management. Very long hours for little compensation.

Not to treat everyone below you like absolute garbage all the time.

Extremely High Turnover

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Great training program that really teaches you the ins and outs of the recruiting world.

Cons

Very sales heavy environment, despite the fact they claim to be more consultative than other firms. Additionally, they put a lot of pressure on the team, even when you first start with the organization - the head of the US team is known for walking around telling new recruits "tick, tock...when are you going to start billing?" I've never worked in an environment where everyone was so afraid to be fired before. Even those who've proven themselves will be let go if they have a slow couple of months.

The only people who seem to do well here are either from MPI European offices or fresh out of college (and don't realize that this kind of culture is out of the ordinary). The managmenet style is heavily geared towards metrics (micro-management) and is rather militaristic (the founder was in the British Military) so you can expect lots of yelling, long hours and a fair ammount of ridicule for any mistakes.

This was certainly the most unprofessional environment I've ever worked in and it's reflected in the extrmely high turnover rate.

The culture needs to change, plain and simple. There are other recruitment firms in NY with stronger financials and happy employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Michael Page.

Worked for Michael Page? Contribute to the Community!