There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

I enjoy the customer interaction

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Enjoy the chance to grow

Cons

no concerns at this time

Advice to Management

Model theBehavior you are looking for

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

1. Satisfying part-time work

Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

For the craft enthusiast and people person, cashiering at Michaels is enjoyable as a part-time extra money job. Employees receive a 25% discount on regular price items with multiple opportunities throughout the year to save up to 50% as exployee appreciation. Management is very good about working with employees' schedules.

Cons

Pay and raises should definitely be better in order to reward/keep experienced cashiers. Job feedback is non-existent unless an error is made. Raises are based on customer survey results, a disincentive to excellent employees who are ranked lower due to results in areas they have no control over.

Advice to Management

Experienced cashiers are worth more than minimum wage and it would be nice to receive positive feedback regarding job performance in addition to ways to improve.

2. Management sucks your soul and makes you feel completely unimportant.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

Pros

the only thing you can really get fired for is not showing up. Management tends to over look alot of stuff just to make themselves look good.

Cons

No one cares about your personal life. There is no compassion for anything outside of work. We are constantly overwhelmed with tasks because management ALWAYS under schedules for busy shifts. Many people only get half trained and thrown into the mix with the expectation of knowing how to do everything.

Advice to Management

Change the dress code! we work in a crafts store for chirsts sake we should have SOME opportunity to be an individual and show some creativity. Also, if someone has a Dr. note saying they CANNOT WORK dont punished them for it! This is incredibly unfair. We all need a decent raise. We deal with way to much stuff for what we get paid. You brag about being a 4billion dollar company but we as employees never see a dime of it. McDonalds cashiers start out at more than i make after almost 5 years!! If you are going to have so many ridiculous policys at least have the guts to INFORCE them. I dont care if we anger a few customers, a policy is a policy and you people need to make up your minds!