Great first job! Management and coworkers very supportive, good work environment.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Management was good, coworkers good. People who shop at Michaels are generally laid back, and fun to talk to about their craft projects.

Cons

You have to do a lot of standing. Occasionally customers are unpleasant to work with. Often there are lots of small parts or pieces to restock/sort or scan.

I had a very positive experience with Michaels management. Working at Michaels was my first job, and I was treated fairly, and given proper training.

Other Reviews for Michaels Stores

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Okay job for students, flexible scheduling.

Cons

District manager has no people skills. Calls people out in public. Micro managed. Overall the company treats employees with little respect.

Teach District Managers how to treat people and how to act professionally. Conduct a survey that is actually confidential instead of one that the associates answering the questions about supervisors can be easily identified.

It's easy to not like to go to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros

The people I worked with are great and the employee discount was good as well.

Cons

The management was not understanding of personal issues and was very bias towards many situations.

Work with your employees, not in the background. And be understanding when it comes to your employees lives outside of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!