There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Great first job! Management and coworkers very supportive, good work environment.

Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Management was good, coworkers good. People who shop at Michaels are generally laid back, and fun to talk to about their craft projects.

Cons

You have to do a lot of standing. Occasionally customers are unpleasant to work with. Often there are lots of small parts or pieces to restock/sort or scan.

I had a very positive experience with Michaels management. Working at Michaels was my first job, and I was treated fairly, and given proper training.

990 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Okay job for students, flexible scheduling.

Cons

District manager has no people skills. Calls people out in public. Micro managed. Overall the company treats employees with little respect.

Teach District Managers how to treat people and how to act professionally. Conduct a survey that is actually confidential instead of one that the associates answering the questions about supervisors can be easily identified.

chronic headache

Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Rockwall, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Rockwall, TX

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

you may work with a few people you wind up liking, if you like crafting then the daily demos are fun

Cons

hours fluctuate from alot to barely any, appropriate wage/raises for work done, completely different customer base compared to other retail stores (psychotic), if you're looking for a job and have no knowledge of the product, management doesn't train for that and the majority of the customers have no idea what they're doing either.

you need to stay consistent on business growth ideas and have be more realistic

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores