Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Happy if you can follow the rules.

Previously CEM, Currently Wilton Instructor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

ProsGreat managers, fun customers, hard working & friendly co-workers.

ConsYou need to he willing to work physically hard. Rearranging isles, displays always. Unloading trucks weekly & meeting regular deadlines. Everyone is expected to work as a team & slackers do not last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. Very sensitive to employeess needs. They have a difficult job trying to keep upper management happy, employees happy & customers happy.

Not good at all.

Replenishment Associate (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent starting pay. SOME of the employees were very helpful, and they know you won't catch on… Cons: For replenishment crew, there is no reason at all. Store was very unorganized. Had to wake up at 1 am most of the time, and… Advice to Senior Management: Get all the managers a more cohesive arrangement. Set up a system, instead of having somebody work on this section for a minute, then go… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

AWESOME company!!!

Distribution Center Worker (Current Employee)
Centralia, WA

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very concerned about all of their employees, really great benefits, progressive company, creative thinking, open… Cons: The overtime is nice to get but continous overtime can be tiring...they try hard to keep up excited with BBQ's,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.