Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Love it!

PT Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- Michael's likes to promote from within when they can. In 2 years, I was promoted from Sales Associate to Customer Experience Manager. If you are a hard worker, work well with fellow employees and customers alike, and have a friendly personality, you can get promoted. Be sure to let the Store Manager know that you are interested in growing with the company, so they keep you in mind. When positions open up in your store, interview for them!
- How good of an experience you will have will largely depend on your team, especially Store Manager (SM). I am lucky to have an awesome SM, great team of fellow department managers, and good group of associates. I love the people I work with and enjoy our customers.
- Senior management listens to what customers want. Customers wanted more alphabet sticker options and by the next year, we had 3 sections instead of one.

Cons- Limited full time / lead positions in our store.
- Can't be a manager AND class instructor.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more hours on the sales floor so we can:
- Continue to provide our customers with the help they need in finding things and
- Make sure the store remains neat and clean for the customer

So-So

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros: Friendly co worklers, easy job, decent pay. Cons: They never had enough people working so we would always… More

Management needs to wake up before it is too late!

Department Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores full-time

Pros: Not much I can say other than it is a… Cons: Management is constantly out to get you. Do not expect them to actually live up to what they promise, especially if it is from the… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to basics. Realize the actual true need for staffing, and start to listen to your employees. Most of all, don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.