Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Michael's needs to give out more hours, and have more than one cashier during a shift

Cashier (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsYou can take any class that is offered for free! Employee discount is fairly good.

ConsHours are barley given as it is, but the manager still finds time to hire more people! Tilts are not counted after ever shift, their counted at the end of the day, so if someone was short before you, you are short as well! A cashier job is not just a cashier, your expected to answer phones, show a customer where something is, oh and at the same time deal with angry people yelling at you because your the only cashier for 5 hours! And depending on the day/time, you may have someone help you at checkout.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people when, there are not enough hours given out to your staff already. Managers need to stop being lazy and count tilts after each cashier is done, instead of playing the guessing game at the end of the day to see who made the tilt short.

Great company to work for and easy to get promoted.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Michaels Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company has a lot of job opportunities. Cons: management works 60-72 hrs a week. Advice to Senior Management: Company does a lot of incentives for their employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"Awesome place to work while in school or looking for a job after school"

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Niles, IL

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people, great support, fun. Great exercise, think quick on… Cons: Sometimes customers get upset, but you do your best. Advice to Senior Management: Let people know what you expect from them. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.