Management over using power

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Michaels now for about 15 months. When I first started I loved my job, in fact I have up until recently when some changes were mad. I love the interaction with customers and the employees. I like to feel like I am working with a family. It makes working more enjoyable.

Cons

Now for the cons. I am all for change but don't like it when someone comes in and completely turns everything upside down. I understand using the point system, but I think the first time someone has to call in they shouldn't be given a point. Now if they call in again close to the first one I can understand because it will become a habit. Those of us that never call in and work no matter what shouldn't be punished. I am very upset
about this. Never late, always early, always volunteers to work extra if needed. I just don't understand. It makes me crazy.
Another thing is the pay for Customer Experience Managers should be more. For what we deal with it is not enough. And need more hours and payroll to make sure that the customers are taken care of.

Loosen up a little and come down to earth with the rest of us.

Other Reviews for Michaels Stores

Horrible.

Current Employee - Replenishment Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

25% discount if you're into arts and crafts.

Cons

Competitive minimum wages. Personally under constant scrutiny from all three managers. I do the work of 3 people there, work constant over nights from midnight to past noon, and yet I'm still treated as if I'm the slowest person on the planet. Money is the bottom line. Too many employees getting 5 hours a week. No training unless you're on replenishment. Impossible time limits for unloading trucks.

Quit thinking you are better than everyone else. You are not important. You all are just people who've spent too many years of their lives working for Michael's and somehow got promoted above sales floor.

Unfare & feeling cheated for all the sincere & hard work that I put in.

Current Employee - Certified Framer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Framer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Creative environment. I go to work in this place for the work that I do & for the customer's.

Cons

Does not stick to the principles of the company. Does not give fare chance to all hardworking associates. Management say's something & does something else.

People with special skills need to be payed a little more than regular associates. Sincerity of an associate needs too be rewarded by proper pay or bonuses. There is a difference between associates who do specialized work & regular floor associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!