Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Fantastic coworkers, terrible policies.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Palm Coast, FL

ProsThe employees are great. You come to work feeling excited to work with everyone. The majority of the time, the costumers are positive and great to interact with. The discounts as an employee are also fantastic.

ConsMost recently, the policies have changed since I began working back in June 2012. As a cashier, we are no longer getting more then 3.5hrs per shift, regardless of how many hours we are actually available. They put us on for the maximum amount of hours without giving us breaks, while all other positions in the store get 4+ hours in a shift. If we are asked to cover a shift before or after ours, it is nearly impossible to get assistance in order to take a break or get a lunch.

Also new to the company, if you do not get 15% email collection, after 2-3 months, you are fired. The majority of our customers are regulars who do not want to give their email to us every other day. It makes for a very frustrating work experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to have more hours if they are available to work them. Customers will appreciate having more sales associates and cashiers on during busy hours at the store.

This store was a fun, but stressful enviornment to work in.

Cashier/Sales (Former Employee)
    San Clemente, CA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: They have a great discount and you get a lot of ideas for… Cons: The amount of glitter and other crafting supplies on my clothes and shoes did not make me happy. As well as the Christmas time cinnamon… Advice to Senior Management: The management at my store needed some improvement. They seemed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Power Hungry Manager

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Savannah, GA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: The employees are awesome to work with, everyone gets along… Cons: There is one manager who is beyond power hungry and claims to explain everything to you when in all honesty it's… Advice to Senior Management: You need to fully evaluate who you hire as management,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.