I was treated like a child

Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate  in  Waynesville, NC
Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate in Waynesville, NC

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can wear jeans to work if you have one of their official t-shirts, the online system is convenient for requesting time off etc.

Cons

They would tell me I wasn't scheduled for a couple days, then they would later put me on the schedule without informing me, and scold me for not showing up. I wasn't properly trained, and whenever I would ask a supervisor a question they would act like I was an idiot and like I was wasting their time.

Your employees are hard-working adults, don't treat them like they are disposable.

Other Reviews for Michaels Stores

Michael's needs to give out more hours, and have more than one cashier during a shift

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can take any class that is offered for free! Employee discount is fairly good.

Cons

Hours are barley given as it is, but the manager still finds time to hire more people! Tilts are not counted after ever shift, their counted at the end of the day, so if someone was short before you, you are short as well! A cashier job is not just a cashier, your expected to answer phones, show a customer where something is, oh and at the same time deal with angry people yelling at you because your the only cashier for 5 hours! And depending on the day/time, you may have someone help you at checkout.

Stop hiring people when, there are not enough hours given out to your staff already. Managers need to stop being lazy and count tilts after each cashier is done, instead of playing the guessing game at the end of the day to see who made the tilt short.

Nice Business

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Homestead, FL

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, great place, and reasonable hours for part-time.

Cons

Hours sometimes are changed mid-week.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!