Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Managers have no clue what they are doing!

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

friendly co-workers, flexible schedule, those are the only good things about this place

Cons

The four managers here have no idea what they are doing. I just started a couple of weeks ago and I am already looking for another job. The managers each tell you different rules or different ways to do them so you get in trouble when doing it a different way you were. And god forbid you ask them to help you with something, they give you attitude even though you are still learning. They are not professional, constantly talking badly about workers in front of customers and other workers. Customers always complain about what a poorly run business this is. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Get your stuff together, be more tolerable of mistakes and be more understanding

1146 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed teaching, but the store was not helpful.

Former Employee - Jewelry and Painting Teacher in Canton, GA
    Former Employee - Jewelry and Painting Teacher in Canton, GA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed teaching the classes. Jewelry making and painting.

Cons

I put a lot of my time and money into promotions that were not executed by the stores.
    Both stores did not tell me about students when I called.
    The stores let down their number one best seller of the products. ME.
    The painting classes where limiting, need better time frame layout and drawing.
    Jewelry promos we had to do, did not come in with the supplies needed or correct directions.
    Never enough hours allowed to do what I needed to get done.
    I was not allowed decent hours because of Wilton classes. I got the leftovers.
    I even initiated a set of classes, coming up with the ideas, getting the product samples done. Using two new lines. Manager was gun-ho. But the store did nothing after set-up to sell classes. I live a distance aways. Really frustrating.

Frustrating working with managers who just don't care about the classes.
    The teachers really do sell your product. They know how to use the product. Use them, promote them.
    I wasn't hired in the store as a worker because I was a perceived threat to management. I hold a degree in retail. I didn't want a management job. But it sure would have helped me in getting students. That's a shame.

store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Michaels Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay was ok. people were good in store level.

Cons

no holidays off, none.Don't pay for any of the 3 normal summer holidays, although corporate and dm's and higher get it off. Only salaried employee in building so guess who gets the unpaid extra hours?
    treated horribly by upper management,associates are the stupid people they need to talk slow to and micro manage

look at your regional mangers and inexperienced dm's. you would be horrified.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores