Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Horrible.

Replenishment Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros25% discount if you're into arts and crafts.

ConsCompetitive minimum wages. Personally under constant scrutiny from all three managers. I do the work of 3 people there, work constant over nights from midnight to past noon, and yet I'm still treated as if I'm the slowest person on the planet. Money is the bottom line. Too many employees getting 5 hours a week. No training unless you're on replenishment. Impossible time limits for unloading trucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit thinking you are better than everyone else. You are not important. You all are just people who've spent too many years of their lives working for Michael's and somehow got promoted above sales floor.

Unfare & feeling cheated for all the sincere & hard work that I put in.

Certified Framer (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Creative environment. I go to work in this place for… Cons: Does not stick to the principles of the company. Does not give… Advice to Senior Management: People with special skills need to be payed a little more than regular associates. Sincerity of an associate needs too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Points system and management are very immature.

Replenishment Associate (Current Employee)
Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Most coworkers are great to work with and customers, in general, are fun. Getting… Cons: Points system. You get a point if you are sick. You get a point if you leave 30 seconds early. You get… Advice to Senior Management: Constantly berating employees by district manager does no one any good. Being told every time you do something wrong that you will be fired… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.