Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Crafty nonsense

Associate (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsGreat if you are into crafts or the least bit creative. great for someone with no responsibilities like a high school or college student or older person just wanting something to do. Asst. Store manager was the best!

ConsUnless you are management, it's all part time. Unless you can get on the replenishment crew, your shifts rotate. Rotating shifts and children do not mix, could not afford babysitting.

Advice to Senior Managementtake a good luck at who you are promoting and or hiring from the outside. you are stepping over the people who started at the bottom and worked their way up.

If you value being treated fairly and with respect, look elsewhere.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working with great associates at store level. Lots of seasonal… Cons: Communication is terrible. it is either nonexistent, or completely overwhelming. They change direction by the hour sometimes and seem to be completely detached from store… Advice to Senior Management: Develop your employees and care about their growth. Most of us are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Management doesn't seem to value their employees' contributions, and doesn't treat them with respect.

Lease Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores full-time

Pros: Coworkers in (related) departments other than mine were helpful when… Cons: When I found cost savings, I was rudely asked why I hadn't discovered them sooner, rather than being recognized for my discovery. When I… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like people! I wish managers knew how much improving employee morale and recognizing their strengths and accomplishments can go toward improving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!