Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Very nice place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, the working environment had a positive effect on my perception on retail work and store maintenance. Management policy and store cleanliness maintenance and go-backs seemed to flow acceptably, and I can safely say that the team environment was very helpful to my perspective on how work hours go. I only regret that I couldn't be of more help within that limited time to them.

Cons

Not much I could say. I didn't have much time to stay there, since I was only working seasonal part-time. Nevertheless, from what I gathered, not much, if at all. Also, the reason for my lack of opinion on the CEO themselves had to do with me never having seen any example of their work directly. Otherwise, my perspective of them is rather positive.

Not much I can remember that would help, except perhaps maybe have a sort of system for the go-backs? Then again, the time I worked was December 2007 to January 2008. Might have changed that ever since already.

1055 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Crafty nonsense

Former Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great if you are into crafts or the least bit creative. great for someone with no responsibilities like a high school or college student or older person just wanting something to do. Asst. Store manager was the best!

Cons

Unless you are management, it's all part time. Unless you can get on the replenishment crew, your shifts rotate. Rotating shifts and children do not mix, could not afford babysitting.

take a good luck at who you are promoting and or hiring from the outside. you are stepping over the people who started at the bottom and worked their way up.

Overall a good company to work for as long as you work hard.

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My store manager and co-workers are great. The pay is very good compared to other retail stores. Hours are good if you are a hard worker and there are plenty of oppurtunites to advance in the company if you learn quick and work hard.

Cons

Extremely needy customers and absolutely no product knowledge traning. Payroll is unrealistically allocated to each store causing long lines, messy stores, a lot of returns, and angry customers. Outdated technology and countless errors from simple spelling mistakes in policies to computer program errors.

Corporate needs to realize that their silly ideas like walking around with a cart full of baskets will not make customers happy. More registers open and more people on the sales floor are needed to actually say hello to and help every single customer. Work on payroll and traning.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores