Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Very nice place to work.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsOverall, the working environment had a positive effect on my perception on retail work and store maintenance. Management policy and store cleanliness maintenance and go-backs seemed to flow acceptably, and I can safely say that the team environment was very helpful to my perspective on how work hours go. I only regret that I couldn't be of more help within that limited time to them.

ConsNot much I could say. I didn't have much time to stay there, since I was only working seasonal part-time. Nevertheless, from what I gathered, not much, if at all. Also, the reason for my lack of opinion on the CEO themselves had to do with me never having seen any example of their work directly. Otherwise, my perspective of them is rather positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much I can remember that would help, except perhaps maybe have a sort of system for the go-backs? Then again, the time I worked was December 2007 to January 2008. Might have changed that ever since already.

Crafty nonsense

Associate (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great if you are into crafts or the least bit creative. great for someone with no responsibilities like a… Cons: Unless you are management, it's all part time. Unless you can get on the replenishment… Advice to Senior Management: take a good luck at who you are promoting and or hiring from the outside. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall a good company to work for as long as you work hard.

Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My store manager and co-workers are great. The pay is very good compared to other retail stores. Hours are good if you… Cons: Extremely needy customers and absolutely no product knowledge traning. Payroll is unrealistically allocated to each store causing long lines, messy stores,… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to realize that their silly ideas like walking around with a cart full of baskets will not make customers happy. More registers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!